my attitude towards song lyrics used to be aiya, melody nice can liao. after listening to her, i realized that she has no specific genre because her lyrics and melodies match perfectly o_o and the lyrics are strangely poetic sometimes, and others they're plain geeky with factual historical references and stuff. i like an intelligent singer/songwriter :)
and i really neeeeeed to get this song.
Strange how you know inside meI measure the time and I stand amazedStrange how I know inside youMy hand is outstretched toward the damp of the hazeAnd of course I forgiveI've seen how you liveLike a phoenix you rise from the ashesYou pick up the piecesAnd the ghosts in the atticThey never quite leaveAnd of course I forgiveYou've seen how I liveI've got darkness and fears to appeaseMy voices and analogiesAmbitions like ribbonsWorn bright on my sleeveStrange how we know each otherStrange how I fit into youThere's a distance erased with the greatest of easeStrange how you fit into meA gentle warmth filling the deepest of needsAnd with each passing dayThe stories we sayDraw us tighter into our addictionConfirm our convictionThat some kind of miraclePassed on our handsAnd how I am sureLike never beforeOf my reasons for defying reasonEmbracing the seasonsWe dance through the colorsBoth followed and ledStrange how we fit each otherStrange how certain the journeyTime unfolds the petalsFor our eyes to seeStrange how this journey's hurtingIn ways we accept as part of fate's decreeSo we just hold on fastAcknowledge the pastAs lessons exquisitely craftedPainstakingly draftedTo carve us as instrumentsThat play the music of lifeFor we don't realizeOur faith in the prizeUnless it's been somehow elusiveHow swiftly we choose itThe sacred simplicityOf you at my side
Labels: VIENNA TENG♥