Together we're unlimited
Sunday, 10 October 2010 @ time
Right now, I am honestly seriously considering the prospect of taking a gap year.

I don't believe that I would be disadvantaged in any manner by resuming studies a year later than the rest of the girls. I don't want my life to be consumed by a fixed and limited syllabus so quickly.

There are simply so many things I'd like to delve into and study on my own before having to make a decision on a specific area of study. I want to at least make sure I know what it is I am talking about when I write my personal statement. Right now, it would probably consist of bullshit and hastily researched facts. Not quite my style.

The recent "verbal sparring" session I had with Zhu Lin really revealed the extent of my ignorance. I claim to be interested in political science, but I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between Socialism Communism Fascism Trotskyism Leninism etc etc. And there I was trying to prove my case against democracy when I know balls about any democracy outside of the US. Useless.

There are many many books I'd like to have time to read and study. I don't think up to next September is sufficient time.

But I'll have a hard time convincing my parents, I think. But increasingly I am coming to believe that taking a gap year will help me more than plunging headfirst into college will.

Whatever I still have some time to think this over. Gotta ace them As first though.

Believe
the greatest thing you'll ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return

Wicked
fiona

Measure in Love
Your time is up.

Credits
.fourth!Romance is the designer.
Inspiration from Exuvalia and mintypeach.