Together we're unlimited
Sunday, 10 October 2010 @ and so it goes
Watched Suade last night with old man, it wasn't as awesome as vocaldente was but they were kinda funny. Especially the underpants song.

But what really impressed me the most was their encore piece, "And So It Goes". A King's Singers arrangement of the Billy Joel original, it was the only piece they sang without the microphones and to be honest it was the only piece I truly enjoyed for being music, that did not leave me thinking that these dudes managed to get by only cause they're funny, which was actually what I was thinking throughout the performance.

That said, I think it's got to do with the mikes. The Arts House Chamber is really a tiny little place with awesome acoustics. I was super disappointed to find out they were using mikes. So I was really glad when, at 10pm, their mike rental time was up and they didn't butcher And So It Goes by making it loudddd.

And So It Goes
In every heart there is a room
A sanctuary safe and strong
To heal the wounds from lovers past
Until a new one comes along

I spoke to you in cautious tones
You answered me with no pretense
And still I feel I said too much
My silence is my self defense

And every time I've held a rose
It seems I only felt the thorns
And so it goes, and so it goes
And so will you soon I suppose

But if my silence made you leave
Then that would be my worst mistake
So I will share this room with you
And you can have this heart to break

And this is why my eyes are closed
It's just as well for all I've seen
And so it goes, and so it goes
And you're the only one who knows

So I would choose to be with you
As if the choice were mine to make
But you can make decisions too
And you can have this heart to break

And so it goes, and so it goes
And you're the only one who knows

- Billy Joel


Listen to it if you've the time. It means so much now more than ever.

Believe
the greatest thing you'll ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return

Wicked
fiona

Measure in Love
Your time is up.

Credits
.fourth!Romance is the designer.
Inspiration from Exuvalia and mintypeach.